We often spend so much time in the digital world that we forget to enjoy the real world around us. We forget that we can enjoy our days without phones and rather spend quality time with family, friends and even ourselves.
If you feel like you need a break from the internet, then a digital detox is just what you need.
As experts in humans’ overall wellbeing for decades, we can assure you that this digital detox will transform you inside out. The main goal of a digital detox is simply to intentionally disconnect from the screen and reconnect with yourself and the real world without distractions.
So, today we’ll give you insights on how to best benefit from a digital detox and tell you more about our no screen morning rule. Keep on reading..
Let’s start with the “no screen morning rule”, So what is it about?
● It’s a concept of keeping any screens away from us, inthe first hour of waking up.
● We created the no screen morning rule as we believe that the most important part of the day is the morning.as it sets the tone throughout the rest of the day
● That’s why, it’s best to start your day without giving the phone your full attention as it will drain your energy and make you feel stressed.
Other than the morning rule, we always recommend balancing and monitoring your screen time. And to make it easier for you, we’ve gathered our fav tips to do so.
Here are our 4 best tips to help balance your screen time:
There are many ways to keep your screen time balanced, here are some of the most effective ones that we believe will be useful to you:
1. Do not disturb: use the do not disturb option in your phone to limit the notifications you hear or see.
2. Schedule screen time: if you’re an apple user, you can set the screen time for each app you use, so that it closes when you exceed the time limit.
3. No-phone bedroom: keep the phone out of your bedroom, that way you’ll be able to sleep faster and have uninterrupted sleep.
4. Unfollow the stressors: you can find yourself feeling unhappy while you watch or view content that you follow on social media. That’s why unfollowing such accounts is a smart action to go through.
As we wrap up, remember that taking a break from screens everyday will have a great impact on your overall well-being, while also allowing you to spend more time with your loved ones.
Try our no screen morning rule today and we guarantee it will turn into a habit in no time!